Main Museum Display Building
1100 Mable Street Trenton MO 64683 660 359-2411
Overview of the Museum and displays
The Grundy County Museum is composed of three physical facilities, the Main Museum Building, the Baker School Building, and the Annex Building remodeled in 2007. All the Museum buildings are in close proximity and face Tinsman Avenue. See individual building tabs to visit profiles of the Baker School and Annex buildings.
The three-level Main Museum Building was built in 1895 by William McVay where several businesses sold feed, seed, hardware, buggies, and farm equipment. The building was donated to the Grundy County Historical Society in 1974 by Bert and Rose Hoover, dedicated as a museum in 1976, and remodeled in 1981-85.
The Main Museum building features three floors of items and displays reflecting the history and heritage of Grundy County and the activities and achievements of the county's citizens.
Ground Floor - lower level
First Floor - Middle Level
Second Floor - Upper Level
The second floor (upper level) features a Childrens Exhibit designed to convey to today's youth the kind of childhood their grand- great-grandparents experienced. This is a great starter for multigenerational discussions.